State of Emergency
TOWN OF ORCHARD PARK
VILLAGE OF ORCHARD PARK
Effective immediately the Town and Village of Orchard Park Municipal Center is CLOSED for a minimum of 2 weeks. All offices are closed however the following parameters shall apply:
- Police – Remains open with full 24/7 response
- Senior Center/CAC – phone calls are being forwarded to off site personnel
- Building Inspector – Dept. Manager to inspect large sites and come in as needed (payroll and bills) – phone calls forwarded – personnel to be called in as needed for emergencies
- Town Clerk – 1 staff member to come in as needed (death cert’s, etc.)
- Engineering/Sewer and Water – personnel to be called in as needed for emergencies (site inspections, pump station inspections, DIG Safe NY, sewer repairs etc)
- Highway – A crew chief will be on call at all times for emergency response – personnel to be called in as needed
- Supervisor – staff and Town Supervisor will work daily on opposite shifts
- Village Office – phone calls are being forwarded – Personnel to come in as needed
- Village DPW – on call for emergencies
- Until further notice all deliveries will be made to a central receiving area where all incoming mail and packages will be sanitized before dissemination throughout the building.
- The Town and Village of Orchard Park Board meetings will continue to be held and will be viewable via a live video link which will be accessible on the Town and Village websites. Town Board worksessions will not be held. Any questions that community members would like answered may be emailed to the following email addresses by 4:00 PM on the day of the meeting. Elected representatives will make every attempt to answer the questions during the meeting.
** This press release is from the Town and Village of Orchard Park’s Public Information Officer **
Issuing Authority: ____Capt. Patrick Fitzgerald__ – PIO _______ Date: _______3/20/20________
Because of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Emergency and State and Federal bans on large meetings or gatherings and pursuant to Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order 220.1 issued on March 12, 2020, suspending the Open Meetings Law, the Orchard Park Village Board of Trustees’ Meetings scheduled for the foreseeable future will be held in the Courtroom of the Municipal Building, 4295 South Buffalo Street, Orchard Park, but CLOSED to the Public.
Minutes of the Village Board Meeting will be transcribed and posted on the Village of Orchard Park website: www.orchardparkvillage.org.
From your Village Board:
Our first concern is always the safety and Health of our residents. We are in a State of Emergency out of an abundance of caution. We ask that you use common sense regarding your movements in the coming days.
Working together as a community we will get through this continuously changing emergency situation.
In an effort to reduce panic and the spread of misinformation, please refer to local and national government websites for the most current and factual data. Suggested resources are listed below. There are a number of malicious websites and social media posts luring unsuspected users to misguided and potentially harmful information.
Erie County Department of Health (Click Here)
CDC – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Click Here)
WHO – World Health Organization (Click Here)
DHS – Department of Homeland Security (Click Here)
Johns Hopkins University: What Is Social Distancing (Click Here)
Town of Orchard Park Emergency Management (Click Here)
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us during normal business hours (weekdays 8:30am to 4:30pm) at 716.662.9327.